EYELID SURGERY (BLEPHAROPLASTY)
The skin on and around the eyelids is the most delicate skin on the entire body, and is particularly susceptible to the damaging effects of the sun, stress, poor sleep habits, environmental exposure, and the natural aging process. Blepharoplasty is the technical term for the surgical procedure performed to improve the cosmetic appearance of the eyelid and/or to correct structural deformities of the eyelid that are impairing the patient’s eyesight.
Eyelid surgery offers a number of cosmetic and functional benefits, including:
- Restores the natural beauty of the eyes
- Creates a more youthfully refreshed facial appearance
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes (‘crow’s feet’)
- Corrects the issue of upper eyelid folds, which have the potential to impair one’s vision and may alter the natural contours of the eye
- Removes excess fatty deposits to correct the issue of swollen upper eyelids
- Minimizes the appearance of “bags” under the eyes, helping patients to appear more well-rested and alert
- Corrects the aesthetic problem of sagging, droopy, or puffy lower eyelids
Click below to view real patient before and after images.
The eyes are delicate and sensitive body parts, and they serve a crucially important function, which is why surgery on your eyes should only be performed by a plastic surgeon with extensive facial cosmetic surgery experience and meticulous surgical techniques, such as Dr. Wright A. Jones, founder of Muse Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia. In the skillful hands of Dr. Jones, you will receive the highest quality of patient care throughout your blepharoplasty experience, and you will be able to correct any structural or cosmetic damage to your eye region, while enhancing the natural beauty of your entire face.
EYELID SURGERY PROCEDURAL DETAILS
Eyelid surgery may employ one (or a combination) of the following techniques, and can be performed together with other facial surgeries to achieve a more comprehensive facial rejuvenation:
- Upper Eyelid Lift: for this technique, which is appropriate for patients seeking to correct folds or swelling of the upper eyelids, Dr. Jones will make a small incision in the natural crease of the upper eyelid, through which he will adjust the fatty deposits, excise any surplus skin, and tighten the upper eyelid skin and musculature
- Lower Eyelid Lift: this procedure is best suited for patients suffering from lower eyelid bags, droopiness, or sagging. The lower eyelid lift utilizes an incision made within the lower lash line to remove excess skin and to make the necessary adjustments for the general aesthetic enhancement of the under eye region
- Transconjunctival Lower Eyelid Surgery: this modern technique, also referred to as a posterior approach lower blepharoplasty, uses an incision on the inside of the eyelid to remove excess fat and skin bags. Because of the incision location, this technique leaves no visible evidence of surgery; however, patients with a significant amount of loose skin in the lower eyelid region may require a small, supplementary procedure called a ‘skin pinch’ excision to achieve optimal results.
After your blepharoplasty, proper sun protection is crucial, and it is recommended that patients wear darkly tinted sunglasses until the healing process is complete. The average recovery period for eyelid surgery is approximately one week, and patients can expect to experience some degree of eye irritation, bruising, swelling, or dry eyes, which can be managed with pain medication, cold compresses and ointments.
CONTACT MUSE PLASTIC SURGERY
At Muse Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jones focuses not on changing the core aesthetic components of his patients, but rather on using cosmetic enhancement procedures to help them become the absolute best that they can be. Dr. Jones stays up-to-date with the latest developments and technological advances in the field of cosmetic facial surgery, and he utilizes these cutting edge techniques to ensure naturally beautiful results and the safest possible blepharoplasty procedures for his patients.
Dr. Jones believes in the importance of having well-informed patients, and will take the time to explain all of your eyelid surgery options and procedural details so that you feel completely comfortable about your surgery. If you would like additional information about having your blepharoplasty procedure performed at Muse Plastic Surgery, please do not hesitate to contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Jones.