BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY
While some cosmetic enhancement trends shift and change over the years, breast augmentation surgery has held its position as the most popular cosmetic surgery in the United States for the past seven years, with nearly 300,000 breast augmentation procedures performed in 2013 alone! The remarkably consistent demand for this procedure can partially be credited to the recent developments in implant technology, which have given surgeons and patients the opportunity to customize almost every aspect of this procedure, and to create results that are specifically tailored to each patient’s unique aesthetic preferences.
In order to benefit from the latest advances in the field of breast enhancement, it is important that patients select a qualified plastic surgeon who is committed to keeping up with the latest innovations in breast augmentation surgery, such as Dr. Wright A. Jones, whose private practice services patients in and around Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Jones is a well-respected and compassionate plastic surgeon, who utilizes state-of-the-art implants and cutting edge surgical techniques to produce beautifully natural breast augmentation results.
Click below to view real patient before and after images.
BREAST AUGMENTATION OPTIONS
The phrase “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” is especially appropriate for the highly subjective topic of breast aesthetics. Fortunately, breast augmentation surgery can be modified in terms of both implant selection and procedural techniques, in order to provide optimal enhancement of each patient’s unique body type and aesthetic goals.
Breast implants can be customized in terms of profile, texture, shape, and size, as outlined below:
- Implant Profile: the profile of a breast implant is an indicator of the distance the implant will project from the body—the higher the implant profile, the more prominent the patient’s new silhouette will be after surgery, and vice versa
- Implant Size: cubic centimeters (cc’s) are used to measure the volume/size of the implant, rather than traditional bra sizes, and breast implants are generally available in a size range of approximately 120cc to 960cc
- Implant Type: Silicone: silicone implants are placed into the body pre-filled with a silicone-based gel that is designed to closely simulate the feel and density of human breast tissue and Saline: saline implants are placed into the body in their empty form, and are then filled with a sterile salt water solution
- Implant Shape: Teardrop (anatomical) and Round (spherical)
- Implant Texture: Smooth and Textured
Although the growing number of breast implant choices offers the benefit of procedural customizability, it can also make implant selection seem a bit daunting. Dr. Jones realizes that choosing the right implant can sometimes feel overwhelming, and he will patiently guide you through each step of the process, making sure that you are completely comfortable with the implants you have selected, and that you have a clear understanding as to how your new implants will enhance your physique.
BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURAL OPTIONS
After conducting a thorough medical examination and assessment of your breast augmentation objectives, Dr. Jones will make his professional recommendations as to the optimal incision and implant placement techniques for your surgery.
Implant Placement Options:
- Submuscular—the breast implant is placed underneath the pectoral muscle
- Submammary/Subglandular—the breast implant is placed over the pectoral muscle and behind the breast tissue
Incision Placement Options:
- Transumbilical: the incision is made in the navel area, below the belly button
- Inframammary: the incision is placed beneath the curve of the breast
- Periareolar: the incision encircles the lower half of the areola
- Transaxillary: the incision is made within the underarm area
BREAST AUGMENTATION RECOVERY
After breast augmentation surgery, patients can anticipate experiencing mild to moderate discomfort (for which you will be given prescription pain medication). Sutures will be removed at your one-week follow-up appointment, and although the initial results of your breast augmentation will be noticeable shortly after your procedure, your results will continue to gradually improve over the 2-4 weeks, as any lingering bruising and swelling subsides. The typical breast augmentation post-operative recovery period is 2-4 weeks; however, the exact duration of the healing period varies from patient to patient.
CONTACT MUSE PLASTIC SURGERY
At Muse Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jones focuses not on changing the core aesthetic components of his patients, but rather on using cosmetic enhancement procedures to help them become the absolute best that they can be. Dr. Jones believes in the importance of having well-informed patients, and will take the time to explain all of your breast augmentation options and procedural details so that you feel completely comfortable about your surgery.
If you would like additional information about breast augmentation surgery, please do not hesitate to contact the Muse Plastic Surgery office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Jones.
*This information about Breast Augmentation was reviewed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Wright Jones. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.