Questions to Ask Your Breast Implant Plastic Surgeon
Before proceeding with a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as breast implants, it is important for a patient to clearly comprehend what the surgery entails, its benefits and limitations, and its expected results. Whatever questions the patient may have in mind, she should ideally note them down and bring them to the surgeon’s office for the pre-op consultation.
A committed surgeon will answer all questions of the patient in a detailed and accurate manner, and help ensure that all her concerns and doubts are cleared before she makes a final decision about breast implant surgery.
Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wright Jones provides breast implants and various other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta GA, and surrounding locations across the landscape in this part of the country.
The patient and the surgeon should be able to have a relationship of trust and open communication in order to lay the foundation for a success breast implant consultation and subsequent plastic surgery. If the patient and the surgeon share a good rapport and the patient proactively participates in the consultation process, she will have more clarity and will feel more confident about her choices.
During the consultation, the surgeon may like to present breast implant before and after photos in order to ensure that the patient develops realistic expectations. Testimonials of past patients may also be shown to the patient so that she can gain insights about breast implant surgery from the perspective of another patient.
Questions to Ask
The patient may ask the following pertinent questions during the pre-operative consultation for breast implant surgery:
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained in the field of general and cosmetic surgery?
- Have you previously performed breast implant surgery, and what is your success rate?
- Am I a good candidate for breast implants?
- Will you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia in my case?
- Would you recommend a hospital or a surgical center as the venue to perform my surgery?
- How long will the procedure take inside the surgery room?
- What type and size of breast implants should I choose?
- Are there any risks and complications in breast implant surgery that I should know of?
- In the event of an implant failure, would you perform a breast removal or replacement surgery?
- How long and painful will be the post-surgical recovery?
- Can I breastfeed in the future?
- Will the scarring be quite conspicuous after the incisions have healed?
- How much will it cost to me to undergo breast implant surgery at your practice?
- After the surgery, will I have to wear a special bra for a long time?
- Would you recommend breast lift surgery along with breast implants in my case?
- How can I contact you in case of an emergency?
Prudent, wise, and careful cosmetic surgeon Dr. Jones receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta GA, and other neighborhoods and communities in this area of the state for breast implants and various other procedures.
See all plastic surgery procedures that Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Wright Jones performs of the face, nose, body, and breast in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA and surrounding areas.