How to Prepare For Labiaplasty Surgery
Labiaplasty is an intricate cosmetic surgery procedure that involves detailed preparation in order to accomplish safe and desirable results. During the pre-operative consultation process, the surgeon will provide the preparation instructions to the patient.
A patient who prepares well for the procedure will have a higher level of confidence and objectivity. These patients often have a lower risk of complications and a speedier recovery.
Committed double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wright Jones of Muse Plastic Surgery provides labiaplasty to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA, and surrounding communities and towns across the landscape.
The preparation for a labiaplasty plastic surgery procedure starts from the day the patient seriously considers undergoing this procedure. She can take the following steps in preparation even before meeting the plastic surgeon for an appointment:
- Arrange to send past medical records to the surgeon’s practice from her specialists and physicians.
- Contact the insurance company to understand if a labiaplasty procedure may receive insurance coverage in certain cases.
- Arrange for and carry the insurance documents when she visits the surgeon for the initial consultation.
- Enlist all the prescription and non-prescription medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements that she currently takes to show the surgeon during the appointment.
- Go over the surgeon’s website to gain familiarity with their office and understand the labiaplasty procedure better before their consultation.
- The patient should note down any questions or concerns that she may want the plastic surgeon to address during the pre-op consultation.
If the patient undertakes these preparatory steps, she will likely have a more useful consultation. This will save her and the surgeon’s time, and the emphasis can move towards getting ready for the labiaplasty surgery. Plastic surgeon to the stars Dr. Wright Jones provides labiaplasty to the right candidates.
Candidacy and Surgical Planning
The surgeon will assess whether the patient is a suitable candidate for labiaplasty based on her medical records and aesthetic goals. From this evaluation, they will design an individualized surgical plan to address her specific needs.
In preparation for the surgery, the surgeon will explain the various steps involved in labiaplasty. They may show the patient before and after images as well as testimonials of previous patients to enable her to develop realistic expectations.
After the patient decides to go ahead with the procedure, the process of applying for a financial loan or insurance coverage can be commenced. Famous plastic surgeon Dr. Jones will customize the procedure to make it more effective and less invasive for the patient.
The surgeon’s staff may provide the patient with a printed copy of common surgery guidelines as a part of the labiaplasty preparation process. These guidelines may include the following:
- Do not take any blood thinners, NSAIDs, and other blood-thinning drugs for at least two weeks prior to the labiaplasty surgery.
- Do not take vitamin E, vitamin C, herbal supplements, and dietary pills for around four weeks before the procedure.
- Refrain from eating or drinking anything for eight hours before the scheduled surgery time.
- Make sure you receive a sufficient amount of rest and get plenty of sleep on the night before the labiaplasty.
Celebrity plastic surgeon Dr. Wright Jones receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA, and other suburbs and neighborhoods in this majestic part of the country for labiaplasty.
See all plastic surgery procedures that Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Dr. Wright Jones performs of the face, nose, body, and breast in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA and surrounding areas.