After buttock enhancement plastic surgery, the patient’s tissue and skin will need adequate time to heal to create aesthetically beautiful results.
The will need to follow-up with their plastic surgeon as well as follow their post-op instructions to care for their posterior.
In addition, the patient should allow themselves sufficient rest to attain desirable outcomes from their butt enhancement surgery.
Muse Plastic Surgery, led by double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wright Jones, provides buttock enhancement to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA, and surrounding communities.
Right after the Procedure
Immediately after the buttock enhancement cosmetic surgery, the patient may feel groggy, especially if the procedure is undertaken using general anesthesia or sedation. The butt area will likely be bruised and inflamed from the surgery.
For this reason, the patient will need to arrange for someone to drive them back home after the surgery as well as take care of them for a few days after the procedure. Before leaving home, the patient should ideally:
- Understand proper post-op wound care procedures
- Wear their compression garment which will cover the areas of incisions, fat transfer, or liposuction
- Learn techniques to sit or lie down without putting pressure on their rear
Exerting pressure on the butt can adversely affect the patient’s recovery and results. If the patient undergoes a traditional buttock enhancement surgery, these measures will allow the incisions to heal properly.
In case the patient undergoes a Brazilian buttock lift, it will enable the transferred fat to assimilate properly with the existing tissue. Many buttock augmentation patients place pillows underneath their thighs to sit without causing disruptions to the results of the surgery.
Plastic surgeon to the stars Dr. Wright Jones will provide post-operative care guidelines and tips to the patient to make their recovery faster and safer.
Every patient will experience a slightly different recovery process and timeline. But in general, the recovery timeline includes:
- The patient should plan to take leave from their workplace and ask a friend or family member to take care of them during the first week after the procedure. The patient can take off the compression garment when they shower and gently wash their butt in around two days after the cosmetic surgery.
- Some surgeons recommend regular massages to improve the blood circulation in the buttock area, enabling faster recovery. Depending on the patient’s condition and individualized procedure, they may be able to travel after a week.
- The patient may be able to return to their normal activities in a week to ten days after the procedure. But they should avoid squatting, stretching, or aggressive exercises. The patient may also be able to drive if they can sit comfortably on a pillow in the car and are not taking pain medicines anymore.
- Within two to six months of the butt augmentation surgery, much of the discoloration and inflammation resolves. Most patients would have recovered completely at this time.
- After a period of one year, the patient can expose their posterior to sunlight. The tissue or fat transfer settles at this time, allowing the patient to enjoy the results of their buttock lift surgery.
Famous plastic surgeon Dr. Wright Jones receives patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA, and nearby areas for buttock enhancement surgery.
See all plastic surgery procedures that Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Dr. Wright Jones performs of the face, nose, body, and breast in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA and surrounding areas.