Rhinoplasty is one of the few cosmetic surgery procedures that is popular among both men and women. However, the surgical approach to nasal reshaping must be adapted differently for male and female patients. Male rhinoplasty requires careful attention to the uniquely male facial structures while performing nose reshaping so that the essential masculine elements of the face are preserved.
The plastic surgeon should have extensive training and experience in performing rhinoplasty procedures for both men and women. When the surgeon understands the subtle anatomical nuances that differentiate a male and female nose, they will be in a better position to create the appropriate shape and size of the nose. Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wright Jones provides male rhinoplasty to patients in Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA, and surrounding locations.
In case of male rhinoplasty plastic surgery, the operating surgeon should consider several factors that are unique to the male gender. These will include:
- An overly pinched, rotated or concave nasal tip in case of men may appear unnatural, while it may be acceptable in case of women.
- In case of male nasal structure, a slight deviation of the nose could be aesthetically acceptable, while a straight nose is a more critical element in case of women.
- In case of male patients, narrowing of the nasal bones must be approached with particular restraint because any excess in this procedure will make it appear obvious that the man has undergone a rhinoplasty.
- In many cases, men can benefit from nasal augmentation, a robust dorsum, and a more projected nasal tip, even though rhinoplasty is traditionally considered more of a reductive procedure.
- A slightly wider nasal structure in the male face would blend harmoniously with other facial features in many cases, unlike in case of female rhinoplasty.
Expertise of Dr. Jones
Dr. Jones is a renowned cosmetic surgeon receiving patients from Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA, and nearby areas for rhinoplasty. He is able to produce dramatic results with male rhinoplasty, while maintaining balance between the nose and the rest of the male facial features. He will address the unique aesthetic concerns of the patient with a meticulously nuanced approach and without compromising the natural masculine facial features.
Dr. Jones believes that producing a natural nasal appearance in males is far more complex that merely removing a nasal bump or improving nasal symmetry. Therefore, he approaches every male rhinoplasty surgery in a customized manner and employs the latest surgical innovations and techniques to achieve optimal results. He will create results that blend seamlessly with the rest of the male facial features.
Male rhinoplasty may be performed using open or closed rhinoplasty technique, as per the needs of the male patient. With open rhinoplasty, the surgeon will be able to create more comprehensive nasal reshaping.
The procedure will involve a small incision across the columella, resulting in a minor scar. Closed rhinoplasty, on the other hand, is more appropriate for male patients requiring only limited enhancement. It involves incisions within the nose, and causes no external scarring.
See all plastic surgery procedures that Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Wright Jones performs of the face, nose, body, and breast in and around Atlanta, Buckhead, Stockbridge, Marietta, GA and surrounding areas.